- Publication Date
- Thursday, June 1, 1939
- Historical Event
Jewish Refugees Desperately Seek Safe Harbor
This database includes 1,676 articles about this event
- Article Type
- Page Section and Number
- History Unfolded Contributor
- Carlos G.
- Location of Research
- Newspapers.com (https://www.newspapers.com)
Learn More about this Historical Event: Jewish Refugees Desperately Seek Safe Harbor
- Voyage of the St. Louis (Encyclopedia Article)
- Voyage of the St. Louis (Online Exhibition)
- Voyage of the St. Louis (Animated Map)
- Seeking Refuge in Cuba, 1939 (Encyclopedia Article)
- Refuge in Latin America (Encyclopedia Article)
- United States and the Holocaust (Encyclopedia Article)
Baumel, Judith Tydor. Unfulfilled Promise: Rescue and Resettlement of Jewish Refugee Children in the United States, 1934–1945. Juneau, AK: Denali Press, 1990.
Breitman, Richard, and Alan M. Kraut. American Refugee Policy and European Jewry, 1933–1945. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1987.
Feingold, Henry L., Bearing Witness: How America and Its Jews Responded to the Holocaust. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 1995.
Gurock, Jeffrey S., ed. America, American Jews, and the Holocaust. New York: Routledge, 1998.
Hamerow, Theodor. While We Watched: Europe, America, and the Holocaust. New York: Norton, 2008.
Lipstadt, Deborah E., Beyond Belief: The American Press and the Coming of the Holocaust, 1933–1945. New York: Free Press, 1986.
Wyman, David S. Paper Walls: America and the Refugee Crisis, 1938–1941. New York: Pantheon Books, 1985.
Zucker, Bat-Ami. In Search of Refuge: Jews and US Consuls in Nazi Germany, 1933–1941. London: Vallentine Mitchell, 2001.All articles about this event