- Publication Date
- Sunday, January 23, 1944
- Historical Event
President Establishes War Refugee Board
This database includes 482 articles about this event
- Article Type
- Page Section and Number
- History Unfolded Contributor
- Ieisha S.
- Location of Research
- Newspapers.com (https://www.newspapers.com)
Learn More about this Historical Event: President Establishes War Refugee Board
- War Refugee Board: Background and Establishment (Encyclopedia Article)
- War Refugee Board: Activities (Encyclopedia Article)
- The War Refugee Board (The Holocaust: A Learning Site for Students)
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Encyclopedia Article)
- Henry Morgenthau Jr. (Encyclopedia Article)
- The United States and the Holocaust: Rescue Attempts (Encyclopedia Article)
- United States Policy and Its Impact on European Jews (Encyclopedia Article)
Breitman, Richard. Official Secrets: What the Nazis Planned, What the British and Americans Knew. New York: Hill and Wang, 1998.
Breitman, Richard, and Alan Kraut. American Refugee Policy and European Jewry, 1933-1945. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1987.
Feingold, Henry L. Bearing Witness: How America and Its Jews Responded to the Holocaust. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 1995.
Gurock, Jeffrey S., ed. America, American Jews, and the Holocaust. New York: Routledge, 1998.
Lipstadt, Deborah E. Beyond Belief: The American Press and the Coming of the Holocaust, 1933-1945. New York: Free Press, 1986.
Neufeld, Michael J., and Michael Berenbaum, eds. The Bombing of Auschwitz: Should the Allies Have Attempted It? New York: St. Martin's Press, 2000.
Wyman, David S. The Abandonment of the Jews: America and the Holocaust, 1941-1945. New York: The New Press, 1998.
Wyman, David S. Paper Walls: America and the Refugee Crisis, 1938-1941. New York: Pantheon Books, 1985.All articles about this event