- Publication Date
- Monday, December 24, 1945
- Historical Event
President Truman Orders Quota Preference for Displaced Persons
This database includes 628 articles about this event
- Article Type
- Page Section and Number
- History Unfolded Contributor
- Patricia P.
- Location of Research
- Newspapers.com (https://www.newspapers.com)
Learn More about this Historical Event: President Truman Orders Quota Preference for Displaced Persons
- United States Policy Toward Jewish Refugees, 1941–1952 (Encyclopedia Article)
- The United States and the Holocaust: Postwar American Response to the Holocaust (Encyclopedia Article)
- Displaced Persons (Encyclopedia Article)
Breitman, Richard, and Alan Kraut. American Refugee Policy and European Jewry, 1933–1945. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1987.
Feingold, Henry L. Bearing Witness: How America and Its Jews Responded to the Holocaust. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 1995.
Gurock, Jeffrey S., ed. America, American Jews, and the Holocaust. New York: Routledge, 1998.
Hamerow, Theodor. While We Watched: Europe, America, and the Holocaust. New York: Norton, 2008.
Wyman, David S. The Abandonment of the Jews: America and the Holocaust, 1941–1945. New York: The New Press, 1998.All articles about this event